Out of Hours NHS Urgent Dental Care Service in Cheshire and Chester
Deva Dental Practice provides NHS Emergency Dental Care Service to Cheshire patients for fast pain relief. Nearest NHS emergency dentists: Wrexham, Wirral, Ellesmere Port, Flint, North Wales and Neston.
If you have a Dental Emergency in Chester during surgery hours, please telephone the practice as early as possible and we will ensure that you're offered an appointment on a priority basis. Please make it clear that the matter is not routine and we will do our utmost to attend to you at the earliest opportunity.
Deva Dental Clinic offers emergency NHS dental treatment for patients with acute mouth or dental problems. It is also able to treat a limited number of patients with a toothache. The number of patients seen with a toothache depends on the availability of senior NHS dentists at Deva Dental Clinic, Chester office.
For patients with mouth or dental problems requiring emergency NHS dental treatment. The following groups of patients are accepted for NHS emergency dental treatment:
- Patients who have suffered trauma to their teeth/mouth as a result of an accident or injury
- Patients with a swelling of the face/jaws (e.g. due to a dental abscess)
- Patients who have bleeding from their mouth (e.g. following removal of a tooth)
- Patients who have severe or persistent ulceration of the mouth
Need Urgent Dental Care?
If you need help with an urgent dental problem, call our Helpline, available from 09.00 am to 9.30pm every day, including weekends and Bank Holidays.
Please note: this is an appointment only service - we do not operate a ‘drop-in’ service at any of our surgeries.
Dental Telephone: 0161 476 9651 (LOCAL RATE)
URGENT dental service in Cheshire and Merseyside: How it Works
Urgent dental care for patients in Cheshire and Merseyside is accessed via our Dental Helpline on 0161 476 9651 from 09.00 am to 9.30pm every day, including weekends and Bank Holidays.
The service is provided according to strict clinical criteria, and when you call you’ll be assessed by a member of our clinical team to make sure your problem comes under either:
- Trauma - this is usually caused by a blow to the face, a lost filling is not classed as trauma
- Swelling of the face
- Bleeding - uncontrolled, such as after an extraction
- Pain that can’t be controlled by pain relief medicines
If you’re given an appointment and your problem doesn’t fit any of the above, you’ll still have to pay the NHS fee but may receive advice and not treatment.
Clinic times vary, and at busy times or when your local clinic’s not available you may be offered an appointment at an alternative location
The number of patients seen with a toothache depends on the availability of senior emergency dentist at Deva Dental Clinic, Chester office.Patients seen in the Deva Dental Clinic with toothache are usually given an appointment time for emergency dental treatment, which may be on another day.
- The Deva Dental Clinic is not able to treat patients who have lost fillings, dentures or crowns.
- If you are currently undergoing dental treatment with an NHS dentist in Chester then please contact your Nhs dentist.
The Deva Dental surgery is able to treat a limited number of NHS patients with a toothache.